For More Information:
- If you’d like to view the entire 499-page text of the FDA deeming rule, you can read it here.
- FDA issued a press release detailing the actions the agency took on May 5 2016; you can read it here.
- Cigar Aficionado has published a brief summary, with quotes, of the ruling’s effect. Click here to read it.
- Cigar Rights of America (CRA) has issued their response to this new ruling; read it here.
- Halfwheel has summarized some of the top level issues into a 5 point list of takeaways; you can read it here.
- Option 1 vs Option 2
- The Difference Between Premium Cigars & Cigarettes
- The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
- Tobacco News & Information
- Significant Dates in U.S. Food and Drug Law History
- FDA Tobacco Litigation Tracker
- Lawsuits Challenging the FDA Deeming Rule
For over 76 years, Famous Smoke Shop has dutifully served millions of cigar smokers, supporting their freedom to enjoy premium handmade cigars wherever and whenever they choose. Sadly, that freedom is under attack by an anti-smoking movement who, through a variety of tactics (including support for burdensome cigar taxes and lobbying for restrictive smoking bans), seek to revoke your simple right to choose.
In addition to advocating on your behalf as a premium cigar enthusiast, we’re providing you the information you need to be a well-informed consumer with regard to those who are working to take that right away.
We are fighting for you. We are empowering you to do the same.